Monday 9 April 2012

Students Are A Microcosm For The Research Community

Although my lecturers are very approachable and helpful, my peers are the main support structure when it comes to learning programming.

Others may argue that the lecturer is the person a student should turn to first, but peers are there on the weekend and at midnight.

They are on Facebook and happy to talk to some one who needs help with really stupid problems.

They are also learning the same things as each other so in some ways they are more an expert on the work to be done than the the lecturer marking.

This is why I believe it is important to help my peers with any problems they have with their coursework because if I am the only one on the final task of an assignment and stuck. I am just as likely to fail as everyone else, whereas if I help everyone get to the final task; we can all help each other and collaborate.

Students have strengths and weaknesses and by not being a prick, everyone becomes stronger by sharing their advantage for the good of the group.

No matter how annoying some of that group may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment